For Sale By Owner (FSBO) First Aid Kit
If you have read any of my 5 part series on "So You Are Thinking About Selling Your Home Yourself' (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5) you now know that you are up against some significant challenges.
Selling a home in any market is tough, and doing so on your own takes it to another level.
But if you have decided to forge ahead anyhow, let me give you some suggestions that may assist you in the process. And if you have any questions, or get frustrated and are unable to sell, I hope you will think if me (in Southern California) or any of the other talented agents here on ActiveRain that are in your particular area.
Can I guarantee these will work and your home will sell? Nope. But then there are no guarantees in real estate anyhow. But many of these things are essential if you are selling by yourself. Afre you REALLY prepared to take this on without the help of a licensed Realtor who knows the business?
- Attractive, easily read signage with telephone number
- Voice mail to record calls (answering machine is OK provided it works well)
- Well thought out and descriptive Feature Sheet with photos in a brochure box at the end of the driveway
- Digital camera for taking those great photos
- Boxes for packing away the clutter (or rent a P.O.D.)
- 1800GotJunk to cart away all the stuff you don't need
- A certified licensed inspector to conduct a pre-listing home inspection
- An appraiser to conduct a thorough appraisal so your house is priced appropriately
- Mortgage Officer to help you with financing suggestions with interested buyers, getting them pre-approved, and sharing ideas on incentives you can offer to make your home attractive
- Attorney to help develop contracts and review paperwork ($$$)
- Pest Inspector (especially for California) to do a pest inspection
- Handyman to take care of all the little repairs you have overlooked for years
- Landscaper to spruce up the yard
- Cleaning Service to do a thorough cleaning before you start showing the house
- Title Company to review your title and looks for problems, and to conduct the necessary title review for the purchaser
- Escrow Company (for California and other states using escrow) to handle the escrow process
- Computer to do your on-line research on the market, keep records on your selling, email buyers and open house attendees for feedback
- A written marketing plan
- Money for marketing, ads, etc., etc.
- Lots of free time for open houses, responding to calls, getting feedback, marketing, developing ads, touring the community to see your competition, etc.
- LOTS OF PATIENCE
Good luck!! Don't hesitate to ask for help if things are going as planned.
CHECK OUT THESE USEFUL REAL ESTATE & COMMUNITY LINKS BELOW
If I can provide more information about homes for sale in Carlsbad and in surrounding areas, the housing market in general (or locally), or otherwise assist you, friends or family in a home search or sale, please contact my mobile office or text me at (760) 840-1360 or email me at JeffDowlerSolutions@gmail.com
Serving Carlsbad (including Aviara, La Costa & Carlsbad Village), Encinitas (including Leucadia & Olivenhain), Cardiff, Solana Beach, Del Mar, La Jolla, Rancho Santa Fe, San Marcos (including San Elijo Hills), Oceanside, Escondido, and San Diego
All content ©Copyright by Jeff Dowler. All rights reserved.