Making an Offer in Your Relocation
No doubt you are planning to buy a new home when you relocate. Whether or not you are a first time buyer or one who is experienced, if you are moving to a new area and planning to buy there are some things you need to know about making an offer on a new home.
The process of making an offer, and the paperwork, can vary substantially from state to state. Some states are very simple, while others are much more structured and complex.
Keeping that in mind, as a relocating buyer it's critical that you:
1. Discuss the specifics of the offer process in your new location with your REALTOR® so you know what to expect
2. Obtain copies of all paperwork needed for making an offer from your REALTOR® in advance so you can review and ask questions, and be prepared for the offer process, It varies from state to state in some cases significantly!
3. Understand if there is a live deposit required when making an offer, a copy of an EMD check (earnest money deposit), or nothing at all.
4. Be pre-approved. This cannot be stressed enough! A current written pre-approval showing you have the financial qualifications to buy is essential to make a competitive offer. Plus you will know what you can really afford to buy before you start looking
5. Make sure you can provide proof of funds, especially if you are paying cash. Find out what might be required or what the standard protocol is, and when documentation is needed (e.g., with the offer, after offer acceptance)
Need more relocation tips?
Please reach out to me at (760) 840-1360 so we can discuss your personal relocation needs, questions and concerns. I am happy to help from start to finish with your relocation here to SoCal, or with a move out of this area. Having made 4 major relocations myself (the last move from Boston to Carlsbad), and helping many others relocate, I know what it's all about!!
If you are moving someplace other than SoCal, I can still help you.
I have know an extensive network of highly qualified agents around the country and can help refer you to the right person to help find your new home and/or sell your current one no matter where you are currently, or where you are going.
Here are the prior articles (with videos) in this series in case you missed them:
CHECK OUT THESE USEFUL REAL ESTATE & COMMUNITY LINKS BELOW (just click)
My "At Home In Carlsbad" blog (click photo)
If I can provide more information about homes for sale in Carlsbad and in surrounding areas, local housing market conditions, or assist you, friends or family in a purchase or sale, please call or text me at (760) 840-1360, or email me at JeffDowlerSolutions@gmail.com
HOW ABOUT A FREE EQUITY ANALYSIS ON YOUR CURRENT HOME?
CALL ME AT (760) 840-1360
Serving Carlsbad (including Aviara, La Costa & Carlsbad Village), Encinitas (including Leucadia & Olivenhain), Cardiff, Solana Beach, Del Mar, La Jolla, Rancho Santa Fe, San Marcos (including San Elijo Hills), Oceanside, Escondido, and Greater San Diego
All content ©Copyright 2020 by Jeff Dowler. All rights reserved.
eXp Realty of California (CA DRE lic #01490977)