Q3 2019 Market Report for the Carlsbad 92008 Area
Single Family Detached Homes
The third quarter of 2019 for home sales in the Carlsbad 92008 area was busy, with some market shifts as compared to the same period in 2018.
In this market report we specifically look at the sales activity for single family detached homes reported in the MLS.
The 92008 area of Carlsbad covers a diverse region, including Carlsbad Village, Telescope Point, Olde Carlsbad and The Barrio (the latter 2 are Carlsbad’s first neighborhoods), expensive beach-front areas in the Village and south along Carlsbad Boulevard to the oceanfront community of Terramar, the lagoon-front Bay Cove neighborhood, several condo communities and residential neighborhoods close to the Agua Hedionda Lagoon, and more, with a broad mix of attached (condos, town homes, twin homes) and detached single family homes.
There are several small enclaves of new homes in and around the Village, and many of these are condos and townhomes! If you would like more information on new construction homes and condos in Carlsbad Village, please give me a call at (760) 840-1360.
SINGLE FAMILY DETACHED HOME SALES IN 92008
- 50 single family detached homes sold in the July to September time frame, 5% fewer than in the same period in 2018, and 14% fewer than sold in Q2 of this year
- Average sales price was $1,101,082, down 9% from Q3 2018, but up 6% from the average sales price for Q2 of this year
- Sales prices ranged from $610,000 to $2,450,000
- Marketing time averaged 33 days, compared to 41 days last quarter
Homes sold for 96% of asking price on average, but with 30% of the properties selling at asking price or above.
22% of the home buyers paid cash for their new homes.
CURRENT LISTINGS & PENDINGS AS OF OCTOBER 27
- 40 single family detached homes are for sale
- Prices range from $739,000 for a 4 bedroom 2.5 bath 1612 SF home to $26,950,000 for a stunning 10,000 SF oceanfront property in Terramar (on the market for 18 months and one of the more expensive homes for sale on the public market in San Diego)
- 6 of the homes are new construction, priced from $1,239,990 to $1,595,000
- Average list price is $2,412,754, with 7 homes priced over $2M
- Homes have been on the market an average of 65 days.
22 homes are pending, priced from $849,000 to $1,699,999, with an average marketing time of 68 days before going pending.
At the current rate of sales over the last 3 months there are only 2.4 months of available inventory of single family detached homes in the 92008 area, a market that continue to favor sellers.
If you would like more detailed information about the local real estate market conditions in the 92008 area, or are interested in exploring the housing options in your budget, please contact me at (760) 840-1360 for a personal consultation.
You can search the complete Carlsbad inventory of homes for sale by clicking on the photo to the right.>>>>>>>>>>>
Or narrow your home search to the 92008 area using the link at the bottom of the page.
And if you are interested in selling your Carlsbad home, let’s sit down and discuss the local market conditions, the current market value of your home, and create a plan for getting your home sold for top dollar as quickly as possible.
CHECK OUT THESE USEFUL REAL ESTATE & COMMUNITY LINKS BELOW (just click)
My "At Home In Carlsbad" blog (click photo)
If I can provide more information about homes for sale in Carlsbad and in surrounding areas, local housing market conditions, or assist you, friends or family in a purchase or sale, please call or text me at (760) 840-1360, or email me at JeffDowlerSolutions@gmail.com
HOW ABOUT A FREE EQUITY ANALYSIS ON YOUR CURRENT HOME?
CALL ME AT (760) 840-1360
Serving Carlsbad (including Aviara, La Costa & Carlsbad Village), Encinitas (including Leucadia & Olivenhain), Cardiff, Solana Beach, Del Mar, La Jolla, Rancho Santa Fe, San Marcos (including San Elijo Hills), Oceanside, Escondido, and Greater San Diego
All content ©Copyright 2020 by Jeff Dowler. All rights reserved.
eXp Realty of California (CA DRE lic #01490977)