Market Report for the Carlsbad 92009 Area for Q2 2018
Detached Single Family Homes
The housing activity for the second quarter of 2018 for 92009 area of Carlsbad was busy, with some shifts as compared to the same time frame in 2017.
The 92009 area covers the area south of Palomar Airport Road and east of El Camino Real, including La Costa (La Costa Ridge, La Costa Greens, La Costa Valley, La Costa Oaks), Alga Hills, Bressi Ranch, La Costa Meadowridge, Brookfield, Rancho Carrillo, and multiple other communities, with a mix of attached (condos, town homes, twin homes) and detached single family homes.
In this market report we look at the activity for detached single family homes.
SINGLE FAMILY DETACHED HOME SALES IN Q2
- 146 single family detached homes sold in Q2, down 17% from Q2 in 2017, but more than double the number of sales in the first quarter of 2018
- The average sales price was $1,161,963, up by 6% from the same period in 2017
- Homes ranged in price from $507,000 to $3,525,000
- The average marketing time was 23 days, versus 29 days in Q2 2017
While there was some negotiation of prices, with single family detached homes in Carlsbad 92009 selling for 98% of asking price on average, 43% of the homes sold at list price or above.
25% of the home sales were for cash.
CURRENT and PENDING ACTIVITY AS OF JULY 21, 2018
- 82 single family detached homes are currently for sale.
- Prices range from $779,000 to $2,320,000 for a 5268 SF contemporary home with pool high in the La Costa hills with dramatic lagoon and ocean views.
- Average list price is $1,313,016.
- Current listings have been on the market an average of 37 days
- 58 homes are pending, with listing prices ranging from $630,000 to $2,450,000, and on the market for 26 days on average. 13 of these pending homes went off the market in 7 days or less.
The selection of homes remains tight for buyers, as it has been, with about 1.8 months of inventory based on the rate of sales in the last 3 months, a market that favors sellers. The good news is that inventory has been expanding since the beginning of the year.
Buyers can expect competition for many listings, including multiple offers, in many cases (read about the 6 strategies to help you move quickly in today’s market).
If you would like more detailed information about the local real estate market conditions in the 92009 area, or are interested in exploring housing options based on your budget and other criteria, please contact me at (760) 840-1360 for a personal consultation.
You can search for homes for sale in the Carlsbad 92009 area by clicking on the link below.
Or explore the complete Carlsbad inventory, by clicking on the photo above right.
CHECK OUT THESE USEFUL REAL ESTATE & COMMUNITY LINKS BELOW
If I can provide more information about homes for sale in Carlsbad and in surrounding areas, the housing market in general (or locally), or otherwise assist you, friends or family in a home search or sale, please contact my mobile office or text me at (760) 840-1360 or email me at JeffDowlerSolutions@gmail.com
Serving Carlsbad (including Aviara, La Costa & Carlsbad Village), Encinitas (including Leucadia & Olivenhain), Cardiff, Solana Beach, Del Mar, La Jolla, Rancho Santa Fe, San Marcos (including San Elijo Hills), Oceanside, Escondido, and San Diego
All content ©Copyright by Jeff Dowler. All rights reserved.