Q1 2018 Market Report for the Carlsbad 92008 Area Detached Single Family Homes
The first quarter of 2018 in the 92008 area of Carlsbad has been a busy housing market, with some shifts from the same period in 2017 (here are links to the Q1 2018 market reports for 92009 and 92010). For this market report we look at the activity for single family detached homes.
The Carlsbad 92008 area includes Carlsbad Village, Telescope Point, Olde Carlsbad and The Barrio (Carlsbad’s first neighborhoods), expensive beach-front areas in the Village and south along Carlsbad Boulevard to the oceanfront neighborhood of Terramar, the lagoon-front neighborhood of Bay Cove, several condo communities and residential neighborhoods close to the Agua Hedionda Lagoon, and more, with a broad mix of attached (condos, town homes, twin homes) and detached single family homes.
SINGLE FAMILY DETACHED HOME SALES
- 31 single family detached homes sold, down 9% from the same period in 2017
- The average sales price was $1,662,250, up 67% from 2017 (in part due to the sale of a home priced at $11,500,000 that raised the average)
- Prices ranged from $620,000 to $11,500,000
- Marketing time averaged 36 days, compared to 46 in 2017
Homes sold for 96% of asking price on average, but with 26% of the properties selling at list price or above. 32% of the home sales were cash transactions.
CURRENT LISTINGS AND PENDINGS AS OF ARPIL 17
- 46 single family detached homes for sale, ranging in price from $699,000 for a 3 bedroom 3 bath 1454 SF home to $29,950,000 for a stunning 10,000 SF oceanfront property in Terramar.
- Average list price is $2,455,440 (with 10 homes listed at over $2M); without these more expensive homes the average list price is $1,199,494.
- Homes have been on the market an average of 41 days.
- 31 homes are pending, priced from $599,000 to $2,500,000
- Average marketing time was 29 days for the pending homes
With the number of listings and the current rate of sales, there are 4.5 months of available inventory
If you would like more detailed information about the local real estate market conditions in the 92008 area, or are interested in exploring the housing options in your budget, please contact me at (760) 840-1360 for a personal consultation.
Or narrow your search to the 92008 area using the link at the bottom of the page.
And if you are interested in selling your Carlsbad home, let’s sit down and discuss the local market conditions, the current market value of your home, and create a plan for getting your home sold for top dollar as quickly as possible.
CHEDK OUT THE USEFUL REAL ESTATE & COMMUNITY LINKS BELOW
If I can provide more information about homes for sale in Carlsbad and in surrounding areas, the housing market in general (or locally), or otherwise assist you, friends or family in a home search or sale, please contact my mobile office or text me at (760) 840-1360 or email me at JeffDowlerSolutions@gmail.com
Serving Carlsbad (including Aviara, La Costa & Carlsbad Village), Encinitas (including Leucadia & Olivenhain), Cardiff, Solana Beach, Del Mar, La Jolla, Rancho Santa Fe, San Marcos (including San Elijo Hills), Oceanside, Escondido, and San Diego
All content ©Copyright by Jeff Dowler. All rights reserved.