What’s the Value of My Rancho Santa Fe Home?
Rancho Santa Fe Real Estate Home Sales September 2018
It’s important for buyers and sellers in the Rancho Santa Fe real estate market to have up to date information about the current local market conditions to be able to make informed decisions about Rancho Santa Fe homes for sale whether buying, selling or investing.
The Rancho Santa Fe housing market is the most expensive community, on average, in San Diego County, with large estates, gated communities, and luxury and equestrian properties on expansive lots often measured in acres. Rancho Santa Fe currently has 10 properties listed at over $10,000,000.
LEARN MORE ABOUT RANCHO SANTA FE:
Here is a summary of the Rancho Santa Fe housing market for September 2018 based on information from the MLS (private sales are not included). These data are deemed reliable at the time of this report but are not guaranteed.
- Sales of detached homes for September declined dramatically by 54% to 16 sales compared to last month. There were 2 attached home sales in September, the same as in the last 2 months. 50% of the transactions were cash, compared to 51% in August.
- The average sales price of the detached homes sold was $2,590,732, no change from the August average sales price. The average sales price of the attached homes was $992,625, down 3%. The median sales price for detached homes was $2,137,500 (down 21%).
- Average marketing time for the detached homes was 80 days compared to 117 in August, and 95 days for the attached homes compared to 81 last month.
- The detached homes sold, on average, for 91% of asking price, with 1 selling above asking price.
- As of the end of September there were 2 homes in the Rancho Santa Fe real estate market with a Contingent status (i.e., typically these are short sale and REO homes that have offers being reviewed by the lenders) the same as last month – both are the same short sales awaiting approval.
As of the end of September 2018 there were 230 Rancho Santa Fe homes for sale (98% of these are detached single family homes), a modest drop of 3% from August. This represents an inventory of 2.6 months for attached homes (down from 3 months last month) and 8.8 months for detached homes at the current rate of sales (based on a 6-month period), up from 7.9 months last month.
The high end market continues to shift in Rancho Santa Fe, and is a market that favors buyers for detached single family homes, luxury properties and estates, but is a very strong seller’s market for buyers of attached homes (condos and town homes) due to limited inventory.
The number of Rancho Santa Fe homes coming on the market in September (45) was the same as last month. In contrast the number of homes going pending in September, 22 (excluding those that closed escrow), however, increased, by 47%, from August pendings!
Data are based on MLS information for homes that went under contract in the last couple of months or sold in September. If you would like more details about the Rancho Santa Fe real estate market with regard to current activity as well as the specific areas such as Fairbanks Ranch and the Covenant, please call me at (760) 840-1360.
I am happy to discuss your housing needs and budget, and help you develop a strategy to buy your new Rancho Santa Fe home in 2018, or to sell your current home.
And if you wish to sell your Rancho Santa Fe home we should discuss your plans and timing, a free market analysis, and create a strategy to get your home sold in the time frame that works for you!
CHECK OUT THESE USEFUL REAL ESTATE & COMMUNITY LINKS BELOW
If I can provide more information about homes for sale in Carlsbad and in surrounding areas, our local housing market, or otherwise assist you, friends or family in a home search or home sale, please contact my mobile office or text me at (760) 840-1360, or feel free to email me at JeffDowlerSolutions@gmail.com
Serving Carlsbad (including Aviara, La Costa & Carlsbad Village), Encinitas (including Leucadia & Olivenhain), Cardiff, Solana Beach, Del Mar, La Jolla, Rancho Santa Fe, San Marcos (including San Elijo Hills), Oceanside, Escondido, and San Diego
All content ©Copyright by Jeff Dowler. All rights reserved.