Housing Market Report for Q2 2018 for Carlsbad 92009
Condos, Town Homes & Twin Homes
The housing market for attached homes (condos, town homes, twin homes) has been a fairly busy one thus far in 2018 in Carlsbad, as the statistics for Q2 show!
The 92009 area covers the area South of Palomar Airport Road and east of El Camino Real, including La Costa (La Costa Ridge, La Costa Greens, La Costa Valley, La Costa Oaks), Bressi Ranch, La Costa Meadowridge, Brookfield, Rancho Carrillo, and other communities, with a mix of attached (condos, townhomes, twin homes) and detached single family homes. The area is anchored by the iconic Omni La Costa Resort and Spa, a fixture in the area since the 1960s, and many of the area condos and town homes are adjacent to the resort.
In this market report we look at the activity for town homes, condos, and twin homes, in the 92009 area (La Costa).
ATTACHED HOME SALES IN 92009
- 85 attached homes sold in 92009 in Q2, 11% fewer than in the same period in 2017, but 67% more than the number of homes sold in the first quarter of 2018.
- The average sales price was $560,481 (prices ranged $340,000 to $1,030,000; median sales price of $530,000), up 13% from Q2 in 2017.
- Attached homes in 92009 sold on average in 23 days in the second quarter, compared to 32 days in 2017.
- These homes sold for 98% of asking price on average, but 53% of the homes sold at or above list price.
- 32% of the sales were cash transactions.
CURRENT ACTIVITY AS OF JULY 26, 2018
- There are 66 attached homes for sale in the Carlsbad 92009 area.
- Homes range in price from $325,000 to $1,199,000 (median price is $522,500)
- Current listings have been on the market an average of 39 days.
There are 21 attached homes that are pending, with listing prices ranging from $334,900 to $729,000, on the market an average of 42 days. 7 of the homes went pending in 1 week or less.
Inventory remains low in the 92009 area for attached homes. At the current rate of sales, we only have about 2.3 months of inventory available, a market that strongly favors sellers despite the increased inventory.
Or you can search the complete inventory of Carlsbad homes by clicking on the photo at the right >>>>>>>>.
If you would like more details about the local housing market for condos, town homes and twin homes in 92009, and would like to discuss your wants, needs and budget, please give me a call at (760) 840-1360. We can arrange a time to talk further about your home search and develop a plan to cope with our competitive seller’s market and get you into a new Carlsbad home in 2018.
And if you are considering selling your home in Carlsbad or nearby I’m happy to provide an analysis of the local market conditions and the market value, answer all of your questions about marketing and what to expect in this seller’s market, and help create a plan to sell your home as quickly as possible and for top dollar.
CHECK OUT THESE USEFUL REAL ESTATE & COMMUNITY LINKS BELOW
If I can provide more information about homes for sale in Carlsbad and in surrounding areas, our local housing market conditions, or assist you, friends or family in a purchase or sale, please contact my mobile office or text me at (760) 840-1360, or email me at JeffDowlerSolutions@gmail.com
HOW ABOUT A FREE EQUITY ANALYSIS ON YOUR CURRENT HOME(S)?
Serving Carlsbad (including Aviara, La Costa & Carlsbad Village), Encinitas (including Leucadia & Olivenhain), Cardiff, Solana Beach, Del Mar, La Jolla, Rancho Santa Fe, San Marcos (including San Elijo Hills), Oceanside, Escondido, and Greater San Diego
All content ©Copyright by Jeff Dowler. All rights reserved.
Solutions Real Estate (CA DRE lic #01490977)