Housing Market Report for Q3 2018 for Carlsbad 92010
Single Family Homes
The 92010 area of Carlsbad includes the communities of Calavera Hills, Tamarack Point, The Summit, The Foothills at Carlsbad (with multiple neighborhoods), Spinnaker Hill, Pacific Estates, Carlsbad Meadows, Tanglewood (condos), the planned communities of Robertson Ranch (new construction detached single family homes) and The Preserve (new construction town homes and single family homes), and other neighborhoods to the west but east of El Camino Real.
The 92010 area of Carlsbad offers a variety of attached (condos, townhomes, twin homes) and detached single family homes for buyers to choose from in a wide range of prices, sizes and styles.
Here we look at real estate market activity for the 92010 area of Carlsbad for the 3rd quarter of 2018 for single family detached homes, as reported in the MLS. There are still a few new homes available in the master planned community of Robertson Ranch including a couple of model homes, and The Preserve has recently released a new phase of single family homes start in the high $700s, so Carlsbad home buyers can consider resales as well as new construction (read 6 things buyers must know about buying new construction).
Single Family Detached Home Sales Q3 2018
- 37 single family detached homes sold (compared to 41 in Q3 in 2017 and 49 last quarter)
- Average sale price was $993,436 (up 8% from the 2017 Q3 average, and up 4% from last quarter)
- Average marketing time was 33 days; 6 homes sold in 7 days or less (average market time in the same period in 2017 was also 33 days)
Current inventory, based on the rate of sales in Q3, is 2.1 months in the 92010 area. The housing market here continues to favor sellers, with competition for many homes when they hit the market, especially in the lower price ranges. We are still seeing multiple offers on some properties.
16% of the sales were cash transactions, and the average sales price was 98% of the list price, however 32% of the homes sold for asking price or better!
Current Listings as of 10/1/2018
- 26 active listings, priced from $699,900 to $2,049,995
- 9 homes are new or almost new construction – Robertson Ranch is nearing build-out, but there are more new single family detached homes (2 and 3-story) to be released at The Preserve
- Homes have been on the market an average of 39 days
- Living space ranges from 1345 SF to 4985 SF (a new home in a gated community in Robertson Ranch)
Pending Listings as of 10/1/2018
- There are 20 pending detached single family homes (on the market an average of 44 days)
- Homes were priced from $659,900 up to $2,199,995 (average price is $1,008,604)
- 4 of the pending listings are brand new construction homes in Robertson Ranch
If you would like more detailed information about the local real estate market conditions in the Carlsbad area, including single family detached homes and about specific neighborhoods, and/or are interested in exploring housing options that will fit your budget and your needs, please contact me at (760) 840-1360 for a personal consultation.
I would also be pleased to set up a customized search for you based on your specific criteria (e.g., number of bedrooms, budget, size) or send you a list of homes in the particular neighborhoods you are interested in.
As noted in the article at the top of the page about buying new construction, the builder sales rep represents the builder, not you! Doesn’t it make sense to have someone looking out for your financial interests, not the seller’s?
You can search the complete Carlsbad inventory by clicking on the photo to the right, or be more specific in your searches using the links below.
CHECK OUT THESE USEFUL REAL ESTATE & COMMUNITY LINKS BELOW
If I can provide more information about homes for sale in Carlsbad and in surrounding areas, our local housing market, or otherwise assist you, friends or family in a home search or home sale, please contact my mobile office or text me at (760) 840-1360, or feel free to email me at JeffDowlerSolutions@gmail.com
Serving Carlsbad (including Aviara, La Costa & Carlsbad Village), Encinitas (including Leucadia & Olivenhain), Cardiff, Solana Beach, Del Mar, La Jolla, Rancho Santa Fe, San Marcos (including San Elijo Hills), Oceanside, Escondido, and San Diego
All content ©Copyright by Jeff Dowler. All rights reserved.
Solutions Real Estate (CA DRE lic. 01470977)