Q3 2018 Market Report for the Carlsbad 92008 Area
Detached Single Family Homes
The third quarter of 2018 for home sales in the 92008 area of Carlsbad was busy, with some shifts in the market as compared to the same period in 2017 (here are links to the Q3 2018 market reports for 92010 and 92011 for comparison).
This market report specifically looks at the sales activity for single family detached homes in the Carlsbad 92008, an area of diverse housing.
The Carlsbad 92008 area includes Carlsbad Village, Olde Carlsbad and The Barrio (Carlsbad’s first neighborhoods), Telescope Point, expensive beach-front areas (read more about the financial considerations of buying a beach front home) in the Village and south along Carlsbad Boulevard to the oceanfront neighborhood of Terramar, the lagoon-front neighborhood of Bay Cove, several condo communities and residential neighborhoods close to the Agua Hedionda Lagoon, and more. There is a broad mix of attached (condos, town homes, twin homes) and detached single family homes. You will also find a selection of new homes, too, in small enclaves!
SINGLE FAMILY DETACHED HOME SALES
- 59 single family detached homes sold in the July to September time frame, 5% more than in the same period in 2017, but 8% fewer than sold in Q2 of this year
- Average sales price was $1,213,743, up 20% from Q3 2017, and up 12% from the average sales price for Q2 of this year
- Sales prices ranged from $660,000 to $6,500,000
- Marketing time averaged 38 days, compared to 39 in 2017
Homes sold for 96% of asking price on average, but with 33% of the properties selling at asking price or above.
26% of the home sales were cash transactions.
CURRENT LISTINGS AND PENDINGS AS OF OCTOBER 27
- 52 single family detached homes are for sale
- Prices range from $749,000 for a 4 bedroom 3 bath 2840 SF home to $29,950,000 for a stunning 10,000 SF oceanfront property in Terramar (on the market for 8 months and one of the most expensive homes for sale on the public market in San Diego)
- 8 of the homes are new construction (priced from $1,354,974 to $3.495M)
- Average list price is $2,016,407 (10 homes are listed at over $2M)
- Homes have been on the market an average of 75 days.
20 homes are pending, priced from $780,000 to $1,628,857
Average marketing time is 68 days for the homes that are pending
At the current rate of sales over the last 3 months we have only 3 months of available inventory of single family detached homes in the 92008 area, a market that favors sellers.
If you would like more detailed information about the local real estate market conditions in the 92008 area, or are interested in exploring the housing options in your budget, please contact me at (760) 840-1360 for a personal consultation.
Or narrow your search to the 92008 area using the link at the bottom of the page.
DO YOU WANT TO SELL YOUR CARLSBAD HOME?
And if you are interested in selling your Carlsbad home, let’s sit down and discuss the local market conditions, the current market value of your home, and create a plan for getting your home sold for top dollar as quickly as possible.
CHECK OUT THESE USEFUL REAL ESTATE & COMMUNITY LINKS BELOW
If I can provide more information about homes for sale in Carlsbad and in surrounding areas, our local housing market, or otherwise assist you, friends or family in a home search or home sale, please contact my mobile office or text me at (760) 840-1360, or feel free to email me at JeffDowlerSolutions@gmail.com
Serving Carlsbad (including Aviara, La Costa & Carlsbad Village), Encinitas (including Leucadia & Olivenhain), Cardiff, Solana Beach, Del Mar, La Jolla, Rancho Santa Fe, San Marcos (including San Elijo Hills), Oceanside, Escondido, and San Diego
All content ©Copyright by Jeff Dowler. All rights reserved.
Solutions Real Estate (CA DRE lic. 01470977)