Q3 2018 Market Report for the Carlsbad 92009 Area
Detached Single Family Homes
The housing market in Carlsbad’s 92009 area for the 3rd quarter of 2018 was busy, although somewhat less so than in Q2, with some shifts compared to the same time period in 2017. The 92009 area covers the area south of Palomar Airport Road and east of El Camino Real, including La Costa (La Costa Ridge, La Costa Greens, La Costa Valley, La Costa Oaks), Alga Hills, Bressi Ranch, La Costa Meadowridge, Brookfield, Rancho Carrillo, and multiple other communities, with a mix of attached (condos, town homes, twin homes) and detached single family homes.
The focus in this market report is on sales activity for detached single family homes in Carlsbad 92009.
SINGLE FAMILY DETACHED HOME SALES IN Q3
- 125 single family detached homes sold in Q3, the same as in Q3 in 2017, but 14% fewer than the number of sales in the 2nd quarter of this year
- The average sales price was $1,153,689, up by 6% from the same period in 2017, but down by 1% from last quarter
- Homes ranged in price from $660,000 to $2,210,000
- The average marketing time was 27 days, versus 32 days in Q3 2017
While there was some negotiation of prices, with single family detached homes in Carlsbad 92009 selling for 96% of asking price on average, 30% of the homes sold at list price or above. 21% of the home sales were cash transactions.
CURRENT ACTIVITY AS OF OCTOBER 27, 2018
- 98 single family detached homes are currently for sale
- Prices range from $675,000 to $3,825,000 for a 5350 SF estate home with pool high in the La Costa hills with dramatic lagoon and ocean views
- Average list price is $1,310,181 (Median price is $1,212,000)
- Current listings have been on the market an average of 55 days
36 homes are pending, with listing prices ranging from $630,000 to $1,795,000, and on the market for 28 days on average. 6 of these pending homes went off the market in 7 days or less.
The selection of homes remains tight for buyers, as it has been for quite some time, with about 2.6 months of inventory based on the rate of sales in the last 3 months, an improvement from Q2 but still a market that favors sellers.
Buyers can expect competition for many listings, including multiple offers, in many cases (read about 6 strategies to help you move quickly in today’s market).
Or explore the complete Carlsbad inventory, by clicking on the photo to the right>>>>>>>>>>>.
If you would like more detailed information about the local real estate market conditions in the 92009 area, or are interested in exploring housing options based on your budget and other criteria, please contact me at (760) 840-1360 for a personal consultation.
I am happy to answer all of your questions and help you create a strategy to buy a new home in 2018, and/or sell your Carlsbad home.
CHECK OUT THESE USEFUL REAL ESTATE & COMMUNITY LINKS BELOW
If I can provide more information about homes for sale in Carlsbad and in surrounding areas, our local housing market, or otherwise assist you, friends or family in a home search or home sale, please contact my mobile office or text me at (760) 840-1360, or feel free to email me at JeffDowlerSolutions@gmail.com
Serving Carlsbad (including Aviara, La Costa & Carlsbad Village), Encinitas (including Leucadia & Olivenhain), Cardiff, Solana Beach, Del Mar, La Jolla, Rancho Santa Fe, San Marcos (including San Elijo Hills), Oceanside, Escondido, and San Diego
All content ©Copyright by Jeff Dowler. All rights reserved.