Carlsbad Real Estate News and Views: Flowerageddon and Butterflyageddon in California 2019

Here's the REAL scoop on living in Carlsbad ~ beaches, things to do, places to eat, community events, and of course neighborhoods, homes and the Carlsbad real estate market in general, including surrounding communities like Encinitas, Cardiff, San Marcos, Oceanside, Solana Beach and Del Mar.

Flowerageddon and Butterflyageddon in California 2019

Flowerageddon and Butterflyageddon in California 2019

We are having 2 wonderful acts of nature in California right now, a Super Bloom of wildflowers in many areas, particularly in the California desert, due to all the rain, and an amazing migration of Painted Lady butterflies heading north from Mexico over the last 3 days.

There are some fabulous photos of the wildflowers online - you can find great locations to view them in this Conde Naste Traveler article - but I haven't dared to venture out to the desert to see them due to the massive crowds and traffic jams in areas that are not equipped to handle so many people and cars.

Painted Lady butterfly in Carlsbad

The Painted Lady butterflies are relatively small and move rather quickly, and I've tried multiple times to grab a photo but no real luck so far (that's the best I have so far, and it's terrible!), especially since they don't seem to land but are intent on their flying mission.  I was out driving around earlier - there were more butterflies today than in the last 2 days - and it's a bit disconcerting to be cruising down the road with swarms of butterflies flying at your car.

They say there are millions of them, and I believe it since they have been flying through for 3 days pretty much non-stop. Supposedly this is the largest swarm since 2005.

My Jeff Dowler signature

**************************************

CHECK OUT THESE USEFUL REAL ESTATE & COMMUNITY LINKS BELOW

Click to Search for All San Diego Homes

At Home In Carlsbad blog

365 Things to Do in Carlsbad (and Nearby) on Facebook

Jeff Dowler's Facebook Profile   Jeff Dowler's YouTube Profile    Jeff Dowler's Twitter Profile   Jeff Dowler's LinkedIn Profile

CRS Designation Logo

ALL ABOUT THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA RELOCATION DUDE (link)

If I can provide more information about homes for sale in Carlsbad and in surrounding areas, our local housing market conditions, or assist you, friends or family in a purchase or sale, please contact my mobile office or text me at (760) 840-1360, or email me at JeffDowlerSolutions@gmail.com

HOW ABOUT A FREE EQUITY ANALYSIS ON YOUR CURRENT HOME(S)?

Serving Carlsbad (including Aviara, La Costa & Carlsbad Village),  Encinitas (including Leucadia & Olivenhain), Cardiff, Solana Beach, Del Mar, La Jolla, Rancho Santa Fe, San Marcos (including San Elijo Hills), Oceanside, Escondido, and  Greater San Diego

All content ©Copyright by Jeff Dowler. All rights reserved.

Solutions Real Estate (CA DRE lic #01470977)

Comment balloon 18 commentsJeff Dowler, CRS • March 14 2019 10:20PM

Comments

Jeff I am looking forward to our flowers popping up soon, however, it has been a few years since we have had an abundance of butterflies.

Posted by George Souto, Your Connecticut Mortgage Expert (George Souto NMLS #65149 FHA, CHFA, VA Mortgages) 12 days ago

Actually, Jeff, this Sunday I am flying from Sacramento to San Diego to visit Anza Borrego State Park for this very reason.

To view the Super Bloom!!!!

Posted by Elizabeth Weintraub Sacramento Real Estate Agent, Top 1% of Lyon Agents, Put 40 years of experience to work for you (Lyon Real Estate) 12 days ago

Hi Jeff -- I've heard that this year's Super Bloom in the southern California desert is amazing -- I wish I could spin down for a 3-day trip and take it all in. Some year!

Posted by Lottie Kendall, Helping make your real estate dreams a reality (Compass) 12 days ago

Hi George Souto

Hopefully spring, and the flowers, will arrive soon.

This is a pretty amazing amount of butterflies. I've seen the Monarchs migrate, and they are quite a bit larger, but the sheer number of these is astounding.

Jeff

Posted by Jeff Dowler, CRS, The Southern California Relocation Dude (Solutions Real Estate ) 12 days ago

Have a great time Elizabeth Weintraub Sacramento Real Estate Agent, Top 1% of Lyon Agents

Hope you will share your photos and story!!

Jeff

Hi Lottie Kendall

It's been all over the news here, and it sounds even better than the one just a few years ago. Hope you CAN enjoy it some year! I certainly enjoy the photos I've seen.

Jeff

I hope that the butterflies are thriving this year - I love hearing about nature "coming back!"

Posted by Lise Howe, Assoc. Broker and Attorney Licensed in DC, MD, VA, (Keller Williams Capital Properties) 12 days ago

That must be quite a sight to behold.

Posted by Sharon Lee, Retired and loving life (Sharon Lee's Virtual Assistance) 12 days ago

Oh I wish I could drive back out.  Donald says the desert is beautiful after a rainy season and it's the one season I haven't visited yet, I've been there in summer, fall and winter but not yet springtime.

Posted by Tammy Lankford,, Broker GA Lake Sinclair/Eatonton/Milledgeville (Lane Realty Eatonton, GA Lake Sinclair, Milledgeville, 706-485-9668) 12 days ago

Jeff we still have many, here in Los Angeles, I had a conversation with another agent and our take is these are the stragglers... the focused ones moved on to Oregon to mate... these are the ones that said we can mate here no need to fly all the way to Oregon....Endre

Posted by Endre Barath, Jr., Realtor - Los Angeles Home Sales 310.486.1002 (Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices) 12 days ago

Good morning, Jeff... that must be quite a sight to see first-hand, but I get the reluctance to brave the masses.

Posted by Nina Hollander, Your Charlotte/Ballantyne/Waxhaw/Fort Mill Realtor (Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage ) 11 days ago

Jeff,

I can't help but remark on the way someone has come up with the names.  A beautiful sight should not be associated with Armageddon!  A

Posted by Ron and Alexandra Seigel, Luxury Real Estate Branding, Marketing & Strategy (Napa Consultants) 11 days ago

Yes Sir, Swarms, and clouds of butterflies in Irvine as well. This is the first time I noticed such a heavy migration. No wall can stop the ambitious ones

Posted by Deepak Chauhan, Irvine, CA ... the place to be (Versailles Property) 11 days ago

Flowers and Butterflies, those are definitely two favorites for my Mom, so she would love seeing all of it.

Posted by Brian England, MBA, GRI, REALTOR® Real Estate in East Valley AZ (Arizona Focus Realty) 11 days ago

Flowerageddon and Butterflyageddon. . .What a great name for that event, Jeff!  It sounds like a really fun event!

Posted by Myrl Jeffcoat, Greater Sacramento Real Estate Agent (GreatWest Realty) 11 days ago

We love butterflies.  Thought I saw a shadow of one through my dining room window today - which would be amazing, when you consider all the snow on the ground still.

Posted by Lynnea Miller, Premier Real Estate Service in Central Oregon (Bend Premier Real Estate) 10 days ago

Hi again, Jeff -- the painted lady butterflies have made it to my area. Check it out:

Posted by Lottie Kendall, Helping make your real estate dreams a reality (Compass) 6 days ago

Hi Lottie Kendall

Thanks for letting me know - off to check it out!!

Jeff

Posted by Jeff Dowler, CRS, The Southern California Relocation Dude (Solutions Real Estate ) 5 days ago

Participate