What’s the Value of My Rancho Santa Fe Home?
Rancho Santa Fe Home Sales for July 2019
It’s important for buyers and sellers in the Rancho Santa Fe real estate market to have up to date information about current local market conditions to be able to make informed decisions about Rancho Santa Fe homes for sale, whether buying, selling, or investing.
The Rancho Santa Fe housing market is the most expensive community, on average, in San Diego County, with large estates, gated communities, and luxury and equestrian properties on expansive lots often measured in acres. Rancho Santa Fe currently has 11 properties listed at over $10,000,000, with 1 at $39,000,000!
LEARN MORE ABOUT RANCHO SANTA FE:
Here is a summary of the Rancho Santa Fe housing market for July 2019 based on information from the MLS (private sales are not included). These data are deemed reliable at the time this report was written but are not guaranteed.
- Sales of detached homes for July dropped from 18 last month to 16. There were 3 attached (condos, town homes) home sales in July, compared to 6 last month. 42% of the transactions were cash, versus 29% in June.
- The average sales price of the detached homes was $2,754,022, up 14% from the average sales price last month (no doubt impacted by the sale of 5 homes for over $3M that raised the average substantially). The average price of the attached homes was $1,211,500, up 49% (with 1 sale at $1.2M and 1 at over $1.6M). The median sales price for detached homes was $2,751,056 (up 22%) and $1,200,000 for attached homes (up 44%), both impacted by the higher priced sales in July compared to June.
- Average marketing time for the detached homes was 88 days compared to 123 in June; the attached properties sold in an average of only 26 days (versus 63 days last month).
- The detached homes sold, on average, for 92% of the original asking price; the attached homes sold at 97% of original list price. 1 detached single family home buyer paid asking price for their new home.
- As of the end of July there was 1 home in the Rancho Santa Fe real estate market with a Contingent status (i.e., typically these are short sale and REO homes that have offers being reviewed by the lenders) versus 2 last month. This home is a short sale.
As of the end of July 2019 there were 250 Rancho Santa Fe homes for sale (97% of these are detached single family homes), up 2% from June and the 7th consecutive increase in inventory. This represents an inventory of 2 months for attached homes (down from 2.1 months last month) and 11.9 months for detached homes at the current rate of sales (based on a 6-month period), up from 11.1 months last month.
The high end market continues to shift in Rancho Santa Fe, and is a market that strongly favors buyers for detached single family homes, luxury properties and estates as it has for some time, and remains a strong seller’s market for buyers of attached properties, a market of limited inventory.
The number of Rancho Santa Fe homes coming on the market in July dropped from 54 in June to 42 (down 22%). The number of homes going pending in July, 18 (excluding those that closed escrow), was the same as the last 2 months!
Data are based on MLS information for homes that went under contract in the last couple of months or sold in July. If you would like more details about the Rancho Santa Fe real estate market with regard to current activity as well as the specific areas such as Fairbanks Ranch and the Covenant, please reach out to me at (760) 840-1360.
I am happy to discuss your housing needs and budget, and help you develop a strategy to buy your new Rancho Santa Fe home in 2019.
If you are considering selling your Rancho Santa Fe home we should discuss your plans and timing, a free market analysis, and create a strategy to get your home sold in the time frame that works for you!
CHECK OUT THESE USEFUL REAL ESTATE & COMMUNITY LINKS BELOW
If I can provide more information about homes for sale in Carlsbad and in surrounding areas, our local housing market conditions, or assist you, friends or family in a purchase or sale, please contact my mobile office or text me at (760) 840-1360, or email me at JeffDowlerSolutions@gmail.com
HOW ABOUT A FREE EQUITY ANALYSIS ON YOUR CURRENT HOME(S)?
Serving Carlsbad (including Aviara, La Costa & Carlsbad Village), Encinitas (including Leucadia & Olivenhain), Cardiff, Solana Beach, Del Mar, La Jolla, Rancho Santa Fe, San Marcos (including San Elijo Hills), Oceanside, Escondido, and Greater San Diego
All content ©Copyright by Jeff Dowler. All rights reserved.
Solutions Real Estate (CA DRE lic #01490977)