Q3 2019 Market Report for the Carlsbad 92008 Area
Detached Single Family Homes
The third quarter of 2019 for home sales in the 92008 area of Carlsbad was busy, with some shifts in the market compared to the same period in 2018 and Q2 of this year.
In this market report we look at the sales activity for single family detached homes.
CARLSBAD 92008 NEIGHBORHOODS
The Carlsbad 92008 area includes Carlsbad Village, Olde Carlsbad and The Barrio (Carlsbad’s first neighborhoods), Telescope Point, expensive beach-front areas in the Village and south along Carlsbad Boulevard to the oceanfront neighborhood of Terramar, the lagoon-front neighborhood of Bay Cove, several condo communities and residential neighborhoods close to the Agua Hedionda Lagoon, and more, with a broad mix of attached (condos, town homes, twin homes) and detached single family homes. There are some small enclaves of new homes, too (single family homes, townhomes, and condos)!
SINGLE FAMILY DETACHED HOME SALES
- 33 single family detached homes sold in the July to September time frame, 15% fewer than in the same period in 2018, and 14% fewer than in Q2 of this year
- Average sales price was $1,101,082, down 9% from Q3 2018, but up 6% from the average sales price for Q2 of this year
- Sales prices ranged from $610,000 to $2,450,000
- Marketing time averaged 33 days, compared to 38 in 2018 and 41 days in Q2 2019
Homes sold for 96% of original list price on average, but with 30% of the properties selling at asking price or above.
22% of the home sales were cash transactions.
CURRENT LISTINGS AND PENDINGS AS OF NOVEMBER 23
- 33 single family detached homes are for sale
- Prices range from $749,900 for a 4 bedroom 3 bath 2200 SF home to $26,950,000 for a stunning 10,000 SF oceanfront property in Terramar (on the market for 18 months, with a price reduction, and one of the more expensive homes for sale on the San Diego public market)
- 4 of the homes are new construction (priced from $1,295,000 to $1,595,000)
- Average list price is $2,624,382 (6 homes are listed at over $2M)
- Homes have been on the market an average of 82 days.
25 homes are pending, priced from $719,000 to $1,649,900 (average list price is $1,125,335) for a new construction turn-key model home
Average marketing time is 68 days for the homes that are pending
At the current rate of sales over the last 3 months we have only 2 months of available inventory of single family detached homes in the 92008 area, a market that favors sellers.
NEXT STEPS FOR YOUR HOME SEARCH OR SALE
If you would like more detailed information about the local real estate market conditions in the 92008 area, or would like to explore the housing opportunities that fit your needs, lifestyle, and budget, please contact me at (760) 840-1360 for a personal consultation.
Or narrow your search to the 92008 area using the link at the bottom of the page.
And if you are interested in selling your Carlsbad home, let’s sit down and discuss the local market conditions, the current market value of your home, and create a plan for getting your home sold for top dollar as quickly as possible.
CHECK OUT THESE USEFUL REAL ESTATE & COMMUNITY LINKS BELOW
If I can provide more information about homes for sale in Carlsbad and in surrounding areas, our local housing market conditions, or assist you, friends or family in a purchase or sale, please contact my mobile office or text me at (760) 840-1360, or email me at JeffDowlerSolutions@gmail.com
HOW ABOUT A FREE EQUITY ANALYSIS ON YOUR CURRENT HOME(S)?
Serving Carlsbad (including Aviara, La Costa & Carlsbad Village), Encinitas (including Leucadia & Olivenhain), Cardiff, Solana Beach, Del Mar, La Jolla, Rancho Santa Fe, San Marcos (including San Elijo Hills), Oceanside, Escondido, and Greater San Diego
All content ©Copyright by Jeff Dowler. All rights reserved.
Solutions Real Estate (CA DRE lic #01490977)