Carlsbad Real Estate News and Views: Holiday Light Displays in Carlsbad 2019

Here's the REAL scoop on living in Carlsbad ~ beaches, things to do, places to eat, community events, and of course neighborhoods, homes and the Carlsbad real estate market in general, including surrounding communities like Encinitas, Cardiff, San Marcos, Oceanside, Solana Beach and Del Mar.

Holiday Light Displays in Carlsbad 2019

Carlsbad Holiday Light Displays for 2019

I enjoy seeing the holiday light displays in my neighborhood, and all around Carlsbad including the Village. It’s also pretty impressive what some private homeowners do with their homes…we have a few white lights on trees in front and that’s it!

Twin Inns - I really enjoy how the Twin Inns on Carlsbad Boulevard are lit up every year, especially the palm trees. I haven't seen them yet this year but no doubt they will impress again. This photo is from 2 years ago.

Twin Inns in Carlsbad Village

And of course I always enjoy seeing the Holiday Tree at the Carlsbad Village Faire (300 Carlsbad Village Drive just west of the railroad tracks) all lit up. Just a reminder to Carlsbadians that the annual tree lighting is tomorrow from 2 – 4:45 pm. Hopefully it won’t be raining.

I enjoy the white lights in the trees that line State Street in Carlsbad Village between Carlsbad Village Drive and Grand Avenue every year.  And the holiday window displays all over the Village are fun to see. Wonder which windows will win the annual Holiday Window Decorating Contest this year - any favorites?

Legoland Carlsbad offers lots of twinkling lights, a 30-foot LEGO Christmas tree, seasonal music, live entertainment and so much more through January 5, 2020. No doubt there are plenty of special things to explore for the holidays. Check out their website for information on tickets, hotel stays and more.

Carlsbad has several homes that are highly decorated for all to enjoy. Here are some well-known venues:

The Carlsbad Christmas House at 7607 Romeria Street in La Costa. This home is in south Carlsbad east of El Camino Real south of La Costa Avenue. You can enjoy this home’s decorations from December 2 through the 31st, from 5 to 10 pm. Be sure to share with others who might be interested. (click on the photo to visit their Facebook page).

Carlsbad Christmas House

6646 Elegant Tern Place in South Carlsbad, located in the Tesoro de Aviara neighborhood. You can enjoy this home from December 5th until the 25th, on display from 5 until 10 pm. There are treats for kids and a free Santa’s mailbox, plus Santa visits on December 14th. Here’s a video I saw on YouTube.

3520 Corte Ramon, is in the Meadowood community east of La Costa off Rancho Santa Fe. You can visit this home from dusk until 10pm.

Here's a list of other light displays and events in the North San Diego County coastal area (Encinitas, Oceanside and Carlsbad).

And if you have favorite light displays in your area why not share them with us?

My Jeff Dowler signature

**************************************

CHECK OUT THESE USEFUL REAL ESTATE & COMMUNITY LINKS BELOW (just click)

Click to Search for All San Diego Homes

Free Home Valuation Button

My "At Home In Carlsbad" blog (click photo)

At Home In Carlsbad blog

365 Things to Do in Carlsbad (and Nearby) on Facebook

Jeff Dowler's Facebook Profile   Jeff Dowler's YouTube Profile    Jeff Dowler's Twitter Profile   Jeff Dowler's LinkedIn Profile

Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) logo

MORE ABOUT THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA RELOCATION DUDE (link)

If I can provide more information about homes for sale in Carlsbad and in surrounding areas, local housing market conditions, or assist you, friends or family in a purchase or sale, please call or text me at (760) 840-1360, or email me at JeffDowlerSolutions@gmail.com

HOW ABOUT A FREE EQUITY ANALYSIS ON YOUR CURRENT HOME?

CALL ME AT (760) 840-1360

Serving Carlsbad (including Aviara, La Costa & Carlsbad Village),  Encinitas (including Leucadia & Olivenhain), Cardiff, Solana Beach, Del Mar, La Jolla, Rancho Santa Fe, San Marcos (including San Elijo Hills), Oceanside, Escondido, and  Greater San Diego

All content ©Copyright 2020 by Jeff Dowler. All rights reserved.

eXp Realty of California (CA DRE lic #01490977)

Comment balloon 18 commentsJeff Dowler, CRS • December 07 2019 07:09PM

Comments

Good morning Jeff Dowler, CRS - lots to do with the kids.  A winter wonderland without the cold weather!

Posted by Grant Schneider, Your Coach Helping You Create Successful Outcomes (Performance Development Strategies) 4 months ago

Hi Grant Schneider  That is so true. It took me a couple of years to get used to not having cold weather and snow over the holidays. And seeing palm trees decorated!

Jeff

Posted by Jeff Dowler, CRS, The Southern California Relocation Dude (eXp Realty of California) 4 months ago

Afternoon Jeff.

What a wonderful video, now I don't have to drive to Carlsbad to see it, thanks

Posted by James Dray, Exceptional Agents, Outstanding Results (Fathom Realty) 4 months ago

Beautiful. We are big fans of white lights - they tend to look elegant. Although, my sister and her husband have a cheery tree with multi-colored lights this year. It is quite festive. Maybe one of these days??

Posted by Debb Janes EcoBroker and Bernie Stea JD, REALTORS® in Clark County, WA (ViewHomes of Clark County - Nature As Neighbors) 4 months ago

Wonderful video.  It has put me in the Christmas Mood. So enchanting

Posted by Rose Mary Justice, Synergy Realty Pros (Synergy Realty Pros) 4 months ago

Hi Jeff - let there be light! And lots of it.  Carlsbad knows how to celebrate.

Posted by Michael Jacobs, Los Angeles Pasadena 818.516.4393 4 months ago

Jeff we have a street about a mile from me that every house is lit up like the house in your second picture.  People come from all around to walk the street and enjoy the lights.

Posted by George Souto, Your Connecticut Mortgage Expert (George Souto NMLS #65149 FHA, CHFA, VA Mortgages) 4 months ago

Thank you for giving us a taste of Christmas in your area.  I wish we were a bit closer.

Posted by Raymond Henson, SRES, GRI, Realtor (eXp Realty of California, Inc. (lic. #01878277)) 4 months ago

Good morning Jeff. I am surprised that some single family homeowners in downtown Chicago are going to such great lengths to decorate. One home has had lifts and professional help for a couple of days. Enjoy the views!

Posted by Wayne Martin, Real Estate Broker - Retired (Wayne M Martin) 4 months ago

Good morning, Jeff... as you know, I adore Christmas lights. We took a ride through our neighborhood last night to enjoy all the displays on our way home from dinner.

Posted by Nina Hollander, Your Charlotte/Ballantyne/Waxhaw/Fort Mill Realtor (Coldwell Banker Realty) 4 months ago

Glad you enjoyed it James Dray  I have yet to see this place in person...perhaps this year.

Jeff

Debb Janes EcoBroker and Bernie Stea JD

We prefer white lights too and have them on the palm trees in front and on our tree in the house.

Jeff

Rose Mary Justice  - I'm glad you liked it. It's pretty impressive.

Hi Michael Jacobs  - seems like there are more lights and decorations every year. Our tree lighting is today but it's supposed to be raining.

Jeff

Hi George Souto

What fun!

I imagine many communities have at least one street or perhaps a few houses that are rather famous for their decorations.

Jeff

Hi Raymond Henson

Glad you enjoyed it. I have yet to take the time to see a couple of these displays.

Jeff

Hi Wayne Martin

It's pretty impressive what some homeowners go through for holiday decorating. Makes you wonder about the inside, too!

Jeff

Even though I love the Christmas season, I have never decorated my own home, but I definitely enjoy seeing the decorations that others put up.

Posted by Brian England, MBA, GRI, REALTOR® Real Estate in East Valley AZ (Arizona Focus Realty) 4 months ago

Hi Jeff Dowler, CRS, there's a lot to do and enjoy in Carlsbad during Christmas. I am also a huge fan of white lights but certainly, don't mind enjoying multi-colored lights some homeowners use.

Posted by Beth Atalay, Cam Realty of Clermont FL (Cam Realty and Property Management) 4 months ago

Participate