Carlsbad Real Estate News and Views: February is San Diego Museum Month for 2020

Here's the REAL scoop on living in Carlsbad ~ beaches, things to do, places to eat, community events, and of course neighborhoods, homes and the Carlsbad real estate market in general, including surrounding communities like Encinitas, Cardiff, San Marcos, Oceanside, Solana Beach and Del Mar.

February is San Diego Museum Month for 2020

February is San Diego Museum Month for 2020

February is San Diego Museum Month and offers a terrific museum benefit you might want to take advantage of. And you have 29 days to do so. Yes, that's right - February 29th is Leap Day!

Museum of Making Music in CarlsbadDuring San Diego Museum Month you can obtain discounts at over 40 museums, historic sites, and venues throughout San Diego for the entire month.

All you have to do is pick up your discount pass at one of the 75 San Diego Libraries (county libraries, public libraries, and community libraries), or stay at a Hilton (40+ locations in San Diego County), and you will get 50% off the cost of regular admission for up to 4 people.

There may be some other special offers, too.

Be aware that certain special programs and exhibits may have other admission fees, and some exhibits may not qualify for the discount. You might want to check with the venue first to see what, if any, limitations there are.

Carlsbad residents can grab their discount passes at one of the 3 City of Carlsbad library locations:

Dove Library (La Costa area) at 1775 Dove Lane off El Camino Real

Library Learning Center at 3368 Eureka Place

Georgina Cole Library near the Village at 1250 Carlsbad Village Drive

You have until February 29 to use them; discount passes may be used more than once (but the number of visits to a particular museum may be restricted). There is no cost for the discount passes.

Participating museums and historic sites are all members of the San Diego Museum Council. What a terrific opportunity in February 2020 to enjoy your favorites, and explore museums you haven’t visited.

In Carlsbad you can enjoy the Museum of Making Music (definitely worth a visit - SEE PHOTO ABOVE) and the Miniature Engineering Craftsmanship Museum.

Nearby visit the California Surf Museum in Oceanside and the San Diego Botanic Garden in Encinitas.

My Jeff Dowler signature

**************************************

eXpRealty of California, Inc. logo

CHECK OUT THESE USEFUL REAL ESTATE & COMMUNITY LINKS BELOW (just click)

Click to Search for All San Diego Homes

Free Home Valuation Button

My "At Home In Carlsbad" blog (click photo)

At Home In Carlsbad blog

365 Things to Do in Carlsbad (and Nearby) on Facebook

Jeff Dowler's Facebook Profile   Jeff Dowler's YouTube Profile    Jeff Dowler's Twitter Profile   Jeff Dowler's LinkedIn Profile

Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) logo

MORE ABOUT THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA RELOCATION DUDE (link)

If I can provide more information about homes for sale in Carlsbad and in surrounding areas, local housing market conditions, or assist you, friends or family in a purchase or sale, please call or text me at (760) 840-1360, or email me at JeffDowlerSolutions@gmail.com

HOW ABOUT A FREE EQUITY ANALYSIS ON YOUR CURRENT HOME?

CALL or TEXT ME AT (760) 840-1360

Serving Carlsbad (including Aviara, La Costa & Carlsbad Village),  Encinitas (including Leucadia & Olivenhain), Cardiff, Solana Beach, Del Mar, La Jolla, Rancho Santa Fe, San Marcos (including San Elijo Hills), Oceanside, Escondido, and  Greater San Diego

All content ©Copyright 2020 by Jeff Dowler. All rights reserved.

eXp Realty of California, Inc. (CA DRE lic #01490977)

Comment balloon 16 commentsJeff Dowler, CRS • January 06 2020 11:40PM

Comments

Good morning, Jeff Dowler, CRS I always loved walking through museums....it's been many many years since I've done that....my last was the Boston Museum of Fine Arts...

Posted by Barbara Todaro, Marketing Agent for The Todaro Team (RE/MAX Executive Realty ) 5 months ago

Good morning Jeff. California may not be a bad place to be in February for most of us, especially if you throw in the ability to view the museums at a discount. Enjoy your day!

Posted by Wayne Martin, Real Estate Broker - Retired (Wayne M Martin) 5 months ago

I rarely visit museums, but when I do, I really enjoy them.  Perhaps I should start visiting them more often.

Posted by Brian England, MBA, GRI, REALTOR® Real Estate in East Valley AZ (Arizona Focus Realty) 5 months ago

Hi Jeff Dowler, CRS, when I lived in NYC, Saturdays were my museum days. They were such wonderful days. When I travel, visiting museums is always on my list.

Posted by Beth Atalay, Cam Realty of Clermont FL (Cam Realty and Property Management) 5 months ago

Hello Jeff,  I am taking my grand kids to 2 muesuem in a couple of weeks when they are in town.

Posted by Will Hamm, "Where There's a Will, There's a Way!" (Hamm Homes) 5 months ago

Jeff a museum is a great place to spend a day at, and a huge discount like that makes the experience even better.

Posted by George Souto, Your Connecticut Mortgage Expert (George Souto NMLS #65149 FHA, CHFA, VA Mortgages) 5 months ago

The Boston MFA was wonderful Barbara Todaro  It's been years. Also really enjoy the Children's Museum!

I really enjoy our little Museum of Making Music...it's very impressive. We have some terrific museums here.

Jeff

Posted by Jeff Dowler, CRS, The Southern California Relocation Dude (eXp Realty of California) 5 months ago

What a great localism post, Jeff. I know our museums have "specials" from time to time but am not aware that we have a month dedicated to it. I'll need to research that.

Posted by Nina Hollander, Your Charlotte/Ballantyne/Waxhaw/Fort Mill Realtor (Coldwell Banker Realty) 5 months ago

Jeff,

I like the museum of making music, that is one that would draw me in.  How fun to have February as Museum Month. A

Posted by Ron and Alexandra Seigel, Luxury Real Estate Branding, Marketing & Strategy (Napa Consultants) 5 months ago

This is very good information to share with area residents and visitors.

Posted by Roy Kelley (Realty Group Referrals) 5 months ago

Hi Wayne Martin

Well we get a pretty good chill in the air in February at night  but during the day you can expect 50s and perhaps 60s. And spending time in a museum or 2 is a good way to go IMO.

Have a great weekend!

Jeff

Hi Brian England

There's a goal for you for 2020 - visit a few museums!!

Enjoy your weekend!

Jeff

Good morning Jeff Dowler, CRS - I like walking through museums although with San Diego weather I would choose ones outside

Posted by Grant Schneider, Your Coach Helping You Create Successful Outcomes (Performance Development Strategies) 5 months ago

Hi Beth Atalay

I do the same thing when we travel. I particular like art museums!

Jeff

Have fun wth the grandkids Will Hamm

Agreed George Souto 50% off is nothing to sneeze at.

Jeff

It's a great benefit, isn't it Nina Hollander ?

Ron and Alexandra Seigel  - we have been to the Museum of Making Music multiple times and are also members. They have wonderful concerts during the year, too!

Jeff