What’s the Value of My Rancho Santa Fe Home?
Rancho Santa Fe Home Sales for June 2020
Buyers and sellers in the Rancho Santa Fe real estate market should have up to date information about current local market conditions in order to make educated decisions about Rancho Santa Fe homes for sale, whether buying, selling, or investing.
The Rancho Santa Fe housing market is the most expensive community, on average, in San Diego County, with large estates, gated communities, and luxury and equestrian properties on expansive lots often measured in acres. Rancho Santa Fe currently has 11 properties listed at over $10,000,000, with 1 at $39,000,000!
LEARN MORE ABOUT RANCHO SANTA FE:
Here is a summary of the Rancho Santa Fe housing market for June 2020 based on information from the MLS (private sales are not included). These data are deemed reliable at the time this report was written but are not guaranteed.
- There were 20 sales of detached homes for June, double the number for last month, a trend seen in other communities. There were 4 attached (condos, town homes) home sales in June compared to none last month. 46% of the transactions were for cash.
- The average sales price of the detached homes was $3,077,910, up 21% from the average sales price last month, and no doubt impacted by the sale of 4 homes over $4M with 1 selling at $10.5M that raised the average compared to last month. The median sales price for detached homes was $2,840,000 (3% higher).
- Average marketing time for the detached homes was 86 days compared to 65 days last month.
- The detached homes sold, on average, for 87% of the original asking price with several well below asking price – 2 detached homes sold for original asking price.
- As of the end of June there were no homes in the Rancho Santa Fe real estate market with a Contingent status (i.e., typically these are short sale and REO homes that have offers being reviewed by the lenders) the same as the last 4 months.
At the end of June 2020 there were 185 Rancho Santa Fe homes for sale (98% of these are detached single family homes), ranging in price from $925,000 to $39,000,000, 12% more than in May and good news for buyers. This represents inventory of 2 months for attached homes (up from 1.7 months in May) and 12.3 months for detached homes at the current rate of sales (based on a 6-month period), down from 12.6 months last month.
The high end market continues to shift in Rancho Santa Fe, and currently favors buyers for detached single family homes, luxury properties and estates as it has for quite some time, but is a very strong sellers market for attached properties with only 4 available listings.
The number of Rancho Santa Fe homes coming on the market in June rose substantially from 39 in May to 56, despite the pandemic. The number of homes going pending in June, 33 (excluding those that closed escrow), also increased significantly from last month’s 25 pendings.
If you would like more details about the Rancho Santa Fe real estate market with regard to current activity as well as the specific areas such as Fairbanks Ranch and the Covenant, please call me at (760) 840-1360. I am happy to discuss your housing needs and budget, and help you develop a strategy to buy your new Rancho Santa Fe home in 2020.
If you are considering selling your Rancho Santa Fe home we should discuss your plans and timing, a free market and equity analysis, and create a strategy to get your home sold in the time frame that works for you!
There are specific recommendations in place to help keep everyone safe, and some new procedures as the result of the pandemic and state/county restrictions that impact home purchases and sales in our area. I am happy to share that information with you and answer any questions about what this means for buyers and sellers, and what to expect when buying or selling.
CHECK OUT THESE USEFUL REAL ESTATE & COMMUNITY LINKS BELOW (just click)
My "At Home In Carlsbad" blog (click photo)
If I can provide more information about homes for sale in Carlsbad and in surrounding areas, local housing market conditions, or assist you, friends or family in a purchase or sale, please call or text me at (760) 840-1360, or email me at JeffDowlerSolutions@gmail.com
HOW ABOUT A FREE EQUITY ANALYSIS ON YOUR CURRENT HOME?
CALL or TEXT ME AT (760) 840-1360
Serving Carlsbad (including Aviara, La Costa & Carlsbad Village), Encinitas (including Leucadia & Olivenhain), Cardiff, Solana Beach, Del Mar, La Jolla, Rancho Santa Fe, San Marcos (including San Elijo Hills), Oceanside, Escondido, and Greater San Diego
All content ©Copyright 2020 by Jeff Dowler. All rights reserved.
eXp Realty of California, Inc. (CA DRE lic #01490977)