Carlsbad Real Estate News and Views: Concerts in Your Car in Del Mar CA 2020

Here's the REAL scoop on living in Carlsbad ~ beaches, things to do, places to eat, community events, and of course neighborhoods, homes and the Carlsbad real estate market in general, including surrounding communities like Encinitas, Cardiff, San Marcos, Oceanside, Solana Beach and Del Mar.

Concerts in Your Car in Del Mar CA 2020

Concerts in Your Car 2020

Del Mar Fairgrounds

You have to love the creativity of Concerts in Your Car…a way to bring high-quality concert performances during the holiday season at the Del Mar Fairgrounds in a way that keeps everyone safe.

And there are several Movies in Your Car, too!

Picture an in-the-round stage visible to all, with live entertainment, in a drive-in type setting (remember those?) in the Del Mar Fairgrounds parking lot, with music coming through your car’s FM radio. What a concept!

Concerts in Your Car websiteConcerts start tonight (there’s still time to grab a ticket but the first 2 rows are sold out), and run through December 19th, which concludes with 2 performances of the iconic Nutcracker at 5 and 8 pm.

[photo links to the website]

Tickets must be purchased online (tickets are not available at the events) and vary in cost, with starting prices from $39 to $149 depending on the show.

There are 6 rows of parking surrounding the stage, with prices depending on which row you wish to park in (not unlike seating in a theater or concert hall).

Prices are per car (with the number of people limited to the number of seatbelts – so no sneaking people in hiding in the trunk!). There is no reserved parking.

Elaborate lighting and 4 large LED video screens will help ensure everyone has great views along with terrific music.

Food and beverage concessions are available and can be ordered in advance.

You can read more here in the FAQs. And make sure your car FM radio is working!

Concerts in Your Car is sponsored by CBF Productions and Subaru. The event is rain or shine!

All CDC and State of California guidelines will be followed.

My Jeff Dowler signature

**************************************

eXpRealty of California, Inc. logo

CHECK OUT THESE USEFUL REAL ESTATE & COMMUNITY LINKS BELOW (just click)

Click to Search for All San Diego Homes

Free Home Valuation Button

My "At Home In Carlsbad" blog (click photo)

At Home In Carlsbad blog

365 Things to Do in Carlsbad (and Nearby) on Facebook

Jeff Dowler's Facebook Profile   Jeff Dowler's YouTube Profile    Jeff Dowler's Twitter Profile   Jeff Dowler's LinkedIn Profile

Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) logo

MORE ABOUT THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA RELOCATION DUDE (link)

If I can provide more information about homes for sale in Carlsbad and in surrounding areas, local housing market conditions, or assist you, friends or family in a purchase or sale, please call or text me at (760) 840-1360, or email me at JeffDowlerSolutions@gmail.com

HOW ABOUT A FREE EQUITY ANALYSIS ON YOUR CURRENT HOME?

CALL or TEXT ME AT (760) 840-1360

Serving Carlsbad (including Aviara, La Costa & Carlsbad Village),  Encinitas (including Leucadia & Olivenhain), Cardiff, Solana Beach, Del Mar, La Jolla, Rancho Santa Fe, San Marcos (including San Elijo Hills), Oceanside, Escondido, and  Greater San Diego

All content ©Copyright 2020 by Jeff Dowler. All rights reserved.

eXp Realty of California, Inc. (CA DRE lic #01490977)

Comment balloon 19 commentsJeff Dowler, CRS • November 20 2020 05:55PM

Comments

No dancing on the hood!

Posted by Joseph Domino 480-390-6011, Real Estate Made Easy (HomeSmart) 5 days ago

What a great idea!

I can neither confirm nor deny that I have snuck into a drive in movie utilizing the trunk of a car, but, let's say that if I did, it was years ago when I could actually fit in a trunk.  Ha!

Posted by Raymond Henson, SRES, GRI, Realtor (eXp Realty of California, Inc. (lic. #01878277)) 5 days ago

Jeff,

Ventura has been doing similar things, and it great way to go given the recent scares and upticks.  A

Posted by Ron and Alexandra Seigel, Luxury Real Estate Branding, Marketing & Strategy (Napa Consultants) 5 days ago

Jeff love that idea.  I would love to see it done around here, but it is a little chilly right now.

Posted by George Souto, Your Connecticut Mortgage Expert (George Souto NMLS #65149 FHA, CHFA, VA Mortgages) 5 days ago

Hello Jeff - Del Mar California is such a great place and these concerts in your car series of events only enhances the city.

Posted by Michael Jacobs, Los Angeles Pasadena 818.516.4393 5 days ago

This sounds like a lot of fun.

Posted by Chris Ann Cleland, Associate Broker, Bristow, VA (Long and Foster REALTORS®, Gainesville, VA) 5 days ago

Joseph Domino 480-390-6011 Good point!

I believe they cover that sort of thing in the FAQs - there are plenty of things people are NOT supposed to do. Given the venue it makes sense

Jeff

Posted by Jeff Dowler, CRS, The Southern California Relocation Dude (eXp Realty of California, Inc.) 5 days ago

Ha ha Raymond Henson, SRES, GRI

And with said I think we will leave that issue alone.

Jeff

Ron and Alexandra Seigel

I thought it was a pretty entreprenuerial idea, and one of the concerts is already sold out. Not something I would likely do, but I applaud their efforts and wish them success. And it's a great opportunity for the performers, vs. having nothing!

Jeff

Yeah I get that George Souto  But it's in the 50s here in the evening...that's getting chilly for those of us in California!

Jeff

Morning Jeff.

What a great idea, wish they had the same thing in my area, sadly it doesn't exist.

Posted by James Dray, Exceptional Agents, Outstanding Results (Fathom Realty) 5 days ago

I remember that Tesla held an event where everyone watched the event from a Tesla and it was broadcast on the big screen in each car.

Posted by Brian England, MBA, GRI, REALTOR® Real Estate in East Valley AZ (Vacasa) 5 days ago

Jeff, how fun this sounds, and promoters are being creative in these strange times.

Posted by Joan Cox, Denver Real Estate - Selling One Home at a Time (House to Home, Inc. - Denver Real Estate - 720-231-6373) 5 days ago

Times like what we are living in, Jeff, call for creativity in the world for entertainment. We've had a few movie and concert in your car events as well here in Charlotte.

Posted by Nina Hollander, Your Charlotte/Ballantyne/Waxhaw/Fort Mill Realtor (Coldwell Banker Realty) 5 days ago

Jeff it sounds like a great time. I am looking forward to a normal summer in 2021 like the Del Mar Fair concerts. Perhaps even one of those Petco Field concerts

Posted by Rocky Dickerson, Superior Service! (Realty One Group) 5 days ago

I'm all for artists making money any way they can right now. But, as a 40 year concert goer and musician, I'll never go to a show if I can't stand in front of the stage, no mask and a tall cold one in hand. I do support the live streams from artists and Belly Up though.

Posted by Thomas J. Nelson, REALTOR ® e-Pro CRS RCS-D Vets, & Host of Postcards From Success Podcast (Big Block Realty 858.232.8722) 4 days ago

I do like the opportunity we all have to see all the concerts going on in the world. :)

Posted by Laura Cerrano, Certified Feng Shui Expert, Speaker & Researcher (Feng Shui Manhattan Long Island) 4 days ago

Making money like making really great lemonade from those lemons. Love and light! :)

Jeff Dowler, CRS - Isn't it wonderful how some people never give up using their imagination and creativity to find ways to keep celebrating good ways to still have enjoyable events. I thought about the old Drive-In Theaters outdoors and it put a smile on my face. For an instant, you had me at the concerts at Del Mar Fairgrounds!

Jeff, whenever I read a good story and I feel like I'm in the story, I know it's a good writer behind the scene inside my head. I find you to be exceptionally talented in real estate and social settings and I'm glad we met when you came to Dallas.

Posted by Patricia Feager, MBA, CRS, GRI,MRP, Selling Homes Changing Lives (DFW FINE PROPERTIES) 4 days ago

Participate